Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Sketches from Fool's Day in Occidental

The Fools turned out in force to celebrate April 1st in traditional Occidental style Fool's Day Parade on Saturday. I donned my tutu and joined them along with sketcher friends.
While waiting for sketchers to arrive I met Baan who was kind enough to pose. Her mermaid tail was a kind of hand-sewn blanket which added the marine effect to the gourd hat. A mix of themes creating a perfect fool-style costume.
It was about 85 degrees in the shade by the time the parade got started and the parade was NOT in the shade. Wiltingly I marched along for a while.
Recognize the Mad Hatter hat?

After a bit of walking I ducked into the shade to watch and wish I had an umbrella. I'm not sure how I would have managed the sketching with the umbrella? And at this point the brush pen ink seemed to be melting, so I switched pens again.
The butterfly lady was added at the end of the parade when I was all warmed up and cooled down, sitting on a stool in the shade!

And this one, while sitting around with the other sketchers, enjoying the last bit of fanfare and then sharing of sketches.
Next year will be my fourth year of foolery and I'll be ready again! I hope you'll join me. Zero the Clown will be back with his declaration to "do anything that brings fun, silliness, harmony, happiness, celebration, relaxation, health, love, joy, creativity, pleasure, abundance, grace, courage, balance, spontaneity, passion, beauty, peace and life energy to thyself and all other beings everywhere." I figure that about covers it.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful images from you and words from the clown--especially for these times. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!