Saturday, April 15, 2017

Sailing on Spreckels Lake in San Francisco

Last weekend I joined the SF Sketchers in Golden Gate Park to sketch the Rhoderdendrens that are in full bloom. BUT I realized we ere right next to Spreckles Lake and there were people sailing their model sailboats and their radio controlled power boats! No contest  for me, the rhodys took a back seat that day though I did get one sketch of the spectacular blooms done!

The San Francisco Model Yacht Club is devoted to the building and sailing of model yachts, both power and sail. Spreckels Lake and the San Francisco Model Yacht Club are special parts of the city's long and colorful maritime history. Established in 1898, the club is believed to be the oldest such organization in the United States.  – Cathy McAuliffe




3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful opportunity! Great sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You capture so much with so little line and color. I'm always amazed! Thanks for the tip about the model yachts. I would love to sketch them some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan. The place was a great "discovery". Their website lists there events. I may need to return for a regatta!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!